Saturday 5 May 2012

Two Souls, One Heart


There seems to be an abundance of weddings and engagements at the moment!  everyone I speak to seems to have one or the other to go to!

I had my lovely friend Regan Burns' wedding to Cameron Baines this weekend just gone at the beautiful St Johns Church in Toorak



 Regan had a gorgeous Botchini and Hill gown and her 'epic' silk tule wedding veil beaded all the way round… yep, this is the veil from my post back in feb, all finished and sparkly.











The comb at the top was covered in fresh water pearls and Swarovski crystal to match the design on the beaded belt of her dress.  These then dispersed as they progressed around the edge of the veil giving it a shimmer as it moved catching the light.



For when the veil was removed after the ceremony I made Regan a headpiece.  This consisted of lace with a gunmetal thread detail backed with white silk and wired, then embellished with fresh water pearls, Swarovski crystal and glass beads.






I will be making this beaded headpiece to order via my Etsy shop.
It can be made bigger or smaller by request, just send me an email to enquiries@byshelleygreen.com

It was a fantastic night!  Thankyou Regan and Cam, you are a gorgeous couple, I wish you every happiness for your future together, not that you will be needing it.  Looking forward to a Mexican meal with you when you get back from the US of A ;)




I also got my new vintage acquisition repaired and together to wear…
Thankyou to the always fabulous Shannon Rose for yet another amazing up do!



Sally, Abby, the beautiful bride Regan and myself

Hair by Shannon Rose

Yes, it may have been Sally and I that set the smoke alarm off….. oppps

Not wanting to end this amazing night just yet I found myself at a bazaar but sensational house party in North Carlton.  They had a band in one corner of the lounge consisting of a double bass, drums, accordion and a DJ in the opposite.  Amazing!



So as the sun rose over the northern suburbs I raced home southward, still in 60's dress and vintage mink stall, to say goodbye to my lovely friends Jade and Al off to South America for 8 months of travel, cannot wait to see photos - thankyou Instagram! 

I also received the photos from Loretta's beautiful wedding in the Phillipines.  Her headpiece you might remember from the Bridal Swirls post.
Loretta looked stunning… see for yourself below.
Thankyou for the photos Loretta!









This is an example of the bespoke headwear I make to suit any bridal dress or any occasion you may have…
Just send me an email to discuss the possibilities:  enquiries@byshelleygreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment